Tue-Wed, Sept 11-12
GET YOUR TICKET
- Are you new to DDD?
- Struggling to understand what exactly DDD is?
- Feeling overwhelmed by the vast amount of DDD material/advice available?
- Or maybe you’re unsure how to apply DDD on your project work?
If you fit into one of these categories, then this workshop is for you – It’s easy to get lost in the patterns and acronyms and miss the essence of DDD. This workshop will provide you with a solid grounding in the foundational ideas, techniques and skills for doing DDD well in your own project context.
- Understand what kinds of business problems DDD addresses.
- The central role of software design and how DDD fits in.
- How growing a ubiquitous language bridges the communication gap between business and technical people.
- Practice domain modeling by example for whole–team collaborative domain discovery.
- Refactoring code towards a ubiquitous language.
- 5 key building block patterns for domain modeling and understand how to apply them.
- Learn how context mapping helps manage large–scale, multi–team design efforts.
- How to identify where applying DDD will have the greatest impact—your core domain.
- Architectural patterns to support DDD.
The workshop is very hands-on and interactive, will help you connect everything in DDD together and see how it fits and what's most important, and give you practical tools to take away and try on your project. We will be doing some pairing exercises which will require laptops. We will be reading code, but no coding experience is necessary.