David Boike & Indu Alagarsamy
Tue-Wed, Sept 11-12
GET YOUR TICKET
Join David Boike and Indu Alagarsamy for a two-day deep dive covering architectural topics like:
- Implementing evolving business requirements using DDD principles and event-driven architecture
- Data ownership across the enterprise
- How to choose NoSQL databases for your services
- How to build a UI with bounded contexts and service boundaries in mind
You’ll also learn the nitty-gritty details of building production-ready systems including:
- Fault tolerance – HTTP and queues
- Reliable integration with 3rd party systems
- Scalability, high availability & monitoring
Finally, get some hands-on experience in SOA development by building:
- Scalable command-processing endpoints
- Publish/subscribe event-processing interactions
- Long-running multi-stage business processes and policies
We’ll understand service oriented architecture concepts, and DDD concepts such as bounded contexts and data ownership.
We’ll apply those concepts to build a simple, yet fully functional, order management system sample with a service-oriented architecture, using patterns such as command processing, pub/sub, and long-running sagas.
- Introduction to boundaries and data ownership
- Microservices and vertical slices
- Building a UI on top of bounded contexts
- Introduction to pub/sub as a communication pattern
- Reliable messaging concepts
- How to reduce coupling across microservices
- Introduction to commands as a communication pattern
- Anti-corruption components & stable integration with 3rd party systems
- IT/ops and server-side data-composition when integrating with 3rd parties
- Long-running business transactions
- Saga patterns overview
Senior developers, tech leads, and architects will benefit most from this workshop.
You'll need a Windows laptop, prepared by following the workshop setup instructions. We suggest that you prepare your laptop at least a week before the workshop.