Tue-Wed, Sept 11-12
EventStorming is a workshop format that promotes collaboration between different disciplines in order to sove business problems in the most effective way.
In this two day format we’ll experience the different formats, working around real business problems.
We’ll take into account the different perspectives (including the facilitator) in a process that spans large scale discovery, to leverage collaborative design.
We’ll experience the how, and we’ll discuss the why.
EventStorming as a discovery tool.
- Quick kick-off: where are we and where we want to go.
- Real world Big Picture EventStorming, mastering complexity and unknowns in large scale modeling.
- Managing conflicts, highlighting risk, and the problems really worth solving. The facilitator’s toolbox revealed.
- Improving our process exploring motivations of different actors.
- The Change agent’s perspective: why it’s going to be hard even when improvement is obvious, and how to deal with stalemates.
- Everything’s connected: lean & Kanban, complexity and organization limits.
- Working with startups vs. working with established companies.
- EventStorming as a platform for problem solving.
- ModelStorming: modeling everything without a clue (and yet deliver).
Using EventStorming to design a system.
- Design-Level EventStorming: leveraging collaborative modeling to sketch bullet-proof model quickly.
- A different perspective on software design: the picture that explains everything. Make policies explicit. Discover aggregates. Design around the bottleneck. Blending User Experience Design and Service design into software design.
- Triggering bullet-proof design with visible state. The transaction illusion.
- From sticky notes to working software. When to go for a sophisticated architecture.